the easiest beef and broccoli recipe ever
Confession: I hate cooking chicken. Chicken thighs are delicious, but they take so gosh-darn long.
Cue ground beef. Not just any ground beef, but ButcherBox's 100% grass-fed, grass-finished beef. It comes delivered directly to your door, frozen at the peak of freshness, so you can pull it out of the freezer whenever you need it.
I've gotten my meal-prep (aka lazy girl's meal prep) routine nailed down so that I can hard boil eggs, roast veggies, and make a big batch of ground beef and broccoli in about 20 minutes. If you have extra pots, you can even cook some chickpea pasta on the side.
Easy Ground Beef and Broccoli
time: 10 minutes | serves 4-6 | Paleo, gluten free, grain free
- 1 package ButcherBox grass-fed ground beef
- 4 cups organic frozen broccoli
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp paprika
- Pink Himalayan sea salt and black pepper, to taste (+ more for topping)
- Place beef and broccoli in a large pot over high heat. Cook for ~5 minutes, or until beef is mostly defrosted.
- Using a spatula, break the beef up into large chunks. Add the spices and tomato paste.
- Continue cooking until the beef is all the way cooked.
- Enjoy! I love eating it with turmeric cauliflower rice, sauerkraut, and any other veggies you have.