easy winter dinner: crockpot beef stew
Baby, it's cold outside. Thankfully, it's not snowing yet, but it's still the time for rich, hearty dinners. I'm talking stews, soups, anything baked...
So here's this super easy beef stew that you can make in your slow cooker. I promise, there's nothing better than coming home at the end of a long day and having dinner already ready. #win
Crockpot Beef Stew
serves: 6 | time: 6.5 hours | dinner | paleo
Adapted from Paleo Hacks
- 6 medium carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 small potatoes, chopped into wedges
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, 1 chopped, 2 whole
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 cup chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 pound 100% grass-fed stew beef
- 1 tbsp bourbon (omit to make this Whole30)
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- In a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. Sautée the chopped garlic and onions until brown.
- In the slow cooker (if it has this capability; I used the Ninja® Master Cooking System which does), sear the meat until slightly browned. DO NOT cook all the way through.
- Combine the onions, beef, and rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker and set it on low for 6 hours.
- Enjoy on its own, over mashed potatoes, with a side salad, or with paleo bread.