easy winter dinner: crockpot beef stew
baby it's cold outside. though thankfully, not snowing yet. regardless, it's time rich, hearty dinners. I'm talking stews, soups, anything baked...
so here's this super easy paleo beef stew that you can make in your slow cooker. I promise, there's nothing better than coming home at the end of a long day and having dinner already ready #win
crockpot beef stew
serves: 6 | time: 6.5 hours | dinner | paleo, dairy free, gluten free, meat, winter, crockpock
adapted from Paleo Hacks
- 6 medium carrots, chopped into rounds
- 1 small potatoes, chopped into wedges
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, 1 chopped, 2 whole
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable stock, unsalted
- 1 cup chicken stock, low sodium
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 pound grass fed organic stewing beef
- 1 tbsp bourbon
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp dried rosemary
- in a medium pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil. sautée the chopped garlic and onions until brown.
- in the slow cooker (if it has this capability; I used the Ninja® Master Cooking System which does), sear the meat until slightly browned. DO NOT cook all the way through.
- combine the onions, beef, and rest of the ingredients in the slow cooker and set it on low for 6 hours.
- enjoy on its own, over mashed potatoes, with a side salad, or with paleo bread.